The Gate Aster mosfet unit for airsoft version 2 M4 gearboxes. This is the basic module unit. Comes in front or rear wired configurations. This world’s first 4th generation AEG Control System is destined for most of AEGs with gearbox V2 on the market (including stock, low- and mid-tuned) and even for high-tuned guns (in case of EXPERT firmware). It was designed to achieve maximum reliability at attractive price and hence it has extremely price-performance ratio.
The Aster essentially a scaled down Titan unit with less options, but retaining all the key and important functions 90% of players want in their mosfet unit.
Comes in front or rear wired. Most guns use a rear wired (where your battery is housed).
Transform your AEG by replacing trigger contacts with computerised controller equipped with innovative optical sensors, including proximity trigger sensor which offers even 250 sensitivity settings. Gain a unique tactical advantage thanks to the extremely fast trigger response and lots of other useful functions. ASTER’s smart fuse protects your AEG’s battery, motor and the controller, even in case of reverse battery connection. This feature, along with the optical sensors, makes ASTER the most durable drop-in unit on the market. You choose how to configure ASTER – simply via trigger or through USB-Link / Blu-Link* and our advanced GCS app. To enjoy full potential of ASTER, you can upgrade its firmware to ADVANCED or EXPERT.
*Blu-Link is future GATE Bluetooth® adapter.
More information and specifics on the manufacturer page here: https://gatee.eu/aster-v2
What makes ASTER so special?
- Protection against battery reverse polarity
- Proximity trigger sensor which offers even 250 possible sensitivity settings
- Option to configure its main settings simply via trigger or completely through GATE Control Station app for Android, Windows and macOS (also for iOS in 2020 after Bluetooth® adapter release)
- Built-in RGB led makes programming easier
- Removing of safety lever is not required
- No modification of gearbox shell needed, except for very minor work in case of KRYTAC*(see below) and ICS (*when bolt catch lever is removed. This applies to ASTER R1. Next ASTER revisions will be fully compatible with KRYTAC gearbox)
- Optical gear cam sensor supports all types of gears: Infinite Torque-up, DSG, SSG, 19-tooth and standard
- Binary trigger function as basic function
- Premium level functionality at fair price – extremely profitable price-performance ratio
- GCS app allows for making firmware updates via the internet, what enables improvements
Product Manual here:
NOTE TO ALL USERS: Upon initial installation calibration is required before the gun will allow you to fire. Calibration instructions are in the manual. Once the calibration is complete you may use the rifle as normal. If reset to factory settings, it will require you to calibrate again.
NOTE ABOUT KRYTAC Installations: For installation on the Krytac series of rifles: there are two slight modifications required. The first is the removal of the bolt hold open device, which is a small plastic piece that screws in from the side of the gearbox that allows the fake bolt to stay open (see pics of open gearbox).
The second is the removal of some gearbox material on the gearbox shell. Its a small bump that sits on the half of the shell directly across the trigger unit. There is a large L shape sticker that must be put there and the extra material needs to be removed for that to happen. With some dremeling and/or slight sanding/filing, it is relatively easy to remove. Be sure to clean the area you’ve dremeled/filed and remove any metal shavings before continuing the installation. Also be sure to follow the instructions on the correct sticker placement for both the above mentioned trigger sticker and the selector plate sticker. See picture where this ‘bump’ is located.